Wednesday 8 August 2012

Chocolate Bubble Cakes

This is from my daughter's Milk and Honey inspiring blog, http://beckypiesky.blogspot.co.nz/ she makes these a lot because....
1. they are quick and easy to make
2. they are great to take to a children's party - they LOVE them!
3. they are very sweet and chocolately and who doesn't like that!
It has been about 30 years since I made them and I had forgotten how nice they were - and how easy they were to make! I took a plate along to treat my Old Girls - it was so nice to see their faces and hear them say "oh I haven't had one of these for years, they are lovely - I must make them again - can I have the recipe?"
I think that is one of the reasons why I love to bake and cook - sharing - it is such a lovely thing to bring a bit of cheer through sharing food and recipes. 
My mother was a great 'bring a plate' person, between my daughter and I we are carrying on the tradition big time!
It is best to place the cupcake papers in the patty tin, then add the mixture, my photo shows the ones that were not 'moulded' properly - they don't look as 'pretty' as they should. I forgot to photograph the nice ones!
It's funny - I can't recall using Kremelta for any other recipe than this one and I really didn't think it was easy to buy, but I need not have have worried - it was there on the shelf at my local supermarket. The recipe can be found in the Edmond's Cookery Book Pub 1998.

Prep time:   10 minutes
Servings:   2 – 3  dozen
Ingredients:
250g Kremelta
4 cups rice bubbles
1 ½ cups sifted icing sugar
1 cup dessicated coconut
4 tbsp cocoa
24 - 36 mini paper cupcake liners
Directions:
Melt the Kremelta over a low heat.
Mix the rice bubbles, coconut, cocoa and icing sugar in a bowl and pour in the Kremelta. Mix well and scoop into the cupcake liners. Refrigerate until set about 20 minutes.


No comments: