Tuesday 21 August 2012

Another Capital meal - this time Foxglove Cafe

I love the ocean and I love eating seafood! Does that make me a Seafoodaphile!? Probably!
Anyway, when I eat out at restaurants I (almost) always pick the seafood option, I love it that much. We also eat a lot of fish at home but not a lot of  shellfish, except maybe raw oysters drizzled with balsamic vinegar....
So this week our mission was to try another Visa Wellington on Plate menu. Our choice was Foxglove www.foxglovebar.co.nz as friends told us it was a great place to dine and of course you get a nice view of the harbour while enjoying your meal.
My first impression walking in the door was the bright and cheerful greeting by the bar staff, so far so good! Then I spotted the white tablecloths and viola! a bit of sunshine trying its best to milk its way to our table with a view of the harbour, tick! Our waiter appeared at our table toot sweet and we sat back and enjoyed a wonderful lunch with wonderful company.

My man chose the same meal as me, Waikanae Crab Tortelinni and Yellow Brick Seafood - today Tarakihi (nestled on a lovely rissotto) but one friend had the pork main, the other the vegetarian option starter. I was intrigued by the Kina Hollandaise on the fish dish, having never been keen to try Kina - I can now say I have - well sort of!




All were pronounced delicious and with a glass of Palliser Estate wine - great value for money. We will return.....
P.S. I love the living plant/fern wall in this restaurant, but we gather it is a little challenging to manage!!



No comments: