Wednesday 15 August 2012

Cheese Puffs and babies


Recently I joined up as a volunteer for Bellyful  - a fantastic organisation 'providing  meals for families with newborn babies, and families who are struggling with illness'. For information go to www.bellyful.org.nz
I can recall how hard it was trying to 'whip up a meal'  while managing with a newborn. I had both of my children living in a country area away from family support and really had no idea what I was doing most of the time. When I look back I really don't know how I managed, I don't think I did that well at times! It would have been wonderful to have had Bellyful around!
Apart from helping to cook the meals for Bellyful, I also help deliver them. The service has only been going for in my area for 12 months but in that time they have delivered 700 meals - which is truly amazing!
I willingly donate my hours to this wonderful cause, its mission is totally along the lines of mine - to cook, share food and bring happiness to people!
When I was interviewed by Jacqui for my volunteer role, she served these lovely Cheese Puffs straight out of the oven, and because they were so tasty and me being me, I asked her for the recipe!
Thanks Jacqui! They are so easy and quick to make


Cheese Puffs

from Jacqui – Bellyful Karori

1 c flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cups tasty cheese
2 eggs
6 tbsp milk

Mix together by folding gently and bake in moderate oven until golden for about 8 – 10 minutes
(Makes 10-12 depending on the size you choose, you can make in muffin tins or as I have in the picture - a spoonful on a greased baking tray or baking sheet).

No comments: