Tuesday 7 August 2012

A change is as good as a rest!

Well that was an interesting trip! I have just returned home from Minneapolis in the U.S. (to attend a N.F.P conference), so surprised by the quality and presentation of the food in this city, everything was lovely and fresh and tasted great! I take it all back about America, you just have to find the right city and follow the advice from the locals about where to eat!!

I had some really memorable meals, made very special by the company of 'Minnesota Nice' people. The local specialities were panfried Walleye fish and a Wild Rice soup, simple but delish!
The weather was hot, the sky a bright blue every day and it was lovely to explore and shop. The Thursday food market in the CBD offered everything imaginable! One lunch plate I enjoyed was a wonderful crab meat salad at the Mission restaurant, the best I have ever, ever tasted!
Another stand out meal was a visit to a Spanish restaurant where I was treated to the daily special - two tapas, handmade quacamole with corn chips (forget the packages ones - these were to die for!) and mini tortillas with succulent prawns smothered in a  gorgeous sauce and a squeeze of lime juice, washed down with a a bottle of Mexican lime soda - divine!! I felt very happy eating while sitting on a high stool at the bar (yes that's me in the mirror!)
My time in Minneapolis was a great experience but as they say there is no place like home....
I'm definitely going to try and make that Wild Rice soup....


No comments: