Tuesday 5 June 2012

Mum, it's snowing!

When do you stop being a Mum......never! I had two phone calls from Christchurch today one from B (aged 38) - Mum it's snowing! and one from D (aged 36) Mum it's snowing! Like a couple of children they just wanted to share the joy of watching snowflakes gently falling 'as big as 'cotton balls' and trees looking 'all good covered in snow'. I even got B to Skype me so we could look at it together! 
I was really touched they wanted to share such a simple wonderful thing with their Mum in the Capital. As a family we were almost overjoyed watching storms of thunder and lightning together - we used to scream and yell when the really big sheets of lightning hit!
We don't get too much snow here but is pretty cold today, I'm wearing a cream cable knit jersey my mother knitted about 20 years ago, it doesn't get worn much as it is like wearing 3 thick woollen blankets!  I love it though -  cosy and practical on a day like today!
The photo came from last year's snow dump but it looks exactly like it today! Both families attempted to go about their daily routines but are now back home safely, time to stay by their wood fires and eat warm cheese toasties! 
I really wish our home had an open fire......!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's just what I do during storms!