Tuesday 10 April 2012

Treasured tools

I made another batch of preserved lemons on Easter Monday, very satisfying as one jar was reserved as a gift to my neighbour. They confessed last week that they lean over the fence and pick them off our tree. I have never caught them in the act but there seems to be plenty for both families!


I love using my Trug to collect garden produce, it is a beautiful little basket, handmade by an artist using Rimu. I hope it is used for many years to come, it will be passed onto to my family who I hope will also treasure it.
I discovered I have another use for cooking tool that is barely used. A wonderful implement for pushing balls of pastry dough into mini tins and now for pushing lemons into a jar (which is hot from sterilising in the oven) without damaging the fruit or my hand. Very pleased with myself for working that one out, it only took 3 years!

1 comment:

becky_tee said...

I pags the trug xo