Monday 23 July 2012

Off to the big smoke!

I am off to a conference (not a foodie one) in Minneapolis in the US. I have never been to Minnesota before and as any foodie would, I Googled to check where it was!! and to check out the places to explore and eat. After the conference I get to spend four days on my own sightseeing and shopping. Boy oh boy am I going to be busy!! We are spoilt for choice in the Capital but I really want to take this opportunity to try some totally different food. I know their reputation is not great - lots of processed, fast food etc but I am willing to take on the challenge! I am told the best way to find out the good places to eat is to ask the locals - which is what I intend to do!
I was explaining all this to friends today saying I am looking forward to trying some of their wines in particular, the reply was "well NZ makes the best wine, the best lamb and the best coffee in the world", I couldn't argue with that - so why am I even thinking of bothering......! Oh well - I'm sure to get some great shots with my camera!?
I will report on the outcome of my challenge on my return...


No comments: