Tuesday 18 December 2012

Hometown party

I have spent the last week in my 'hometown' staying with a dear friend and her family- complete with cat, dog and man of the house, all providing heaps of entertainment. I have spent my time catching up with 'old' friends, my family and my sleep. In spite of the recent searing heat in Canterbury (I am really not used to it now that I live in temperate Welly!) and while I miss the man (a lot), this last week has been bliss in so many ways, I am now officially relaxed and stress free, the warmth of the weather and friendship has rejuvenated my spirit. No climbing around dusty furniture (from renovations), no early starts to go to work, no watching the clock and no worries. And I have my man arriving on Thursday to complete the bliss.
The main reason for my early arrival in Christchurch was to help with my oldest grandchild's 5th birthday party. Her actual birthday is the 23rd December, her brothers is 28th December and with Christmas it has always been a very busy time for mother and father organising parties, Christmas celebrations and holidays! Sensibly my daughter decided to celebrate said 5th birthday - early. My task for the Fairy themed party was to create a plate of edible 'birds nests' made with chocolate crackles and a few little speckled jelly beans. Mission accomplished with much excitement and help from the two grandies.
Party in a lovely old hall unaffected by earthquakes!

Every item is colour themed!

Chocolate crackle birds nests
It was a wonderful day, for a very special little girl. I also had the joy of taking her (this week) to her second school visit, she starts in the first term 2013. A bit of a milestone for her parents and her Nana!
The party table






No comments: