Sunday 21 October 2012

Whittakers White Raspberry Chocolate

When asked by the NZ Food Bloggers Association if I would 'trial taste' the new Whittakers White Raspberry Chocolate, I said ahhh yes.... I think so.
The said sample duly arrived in the post a few days later (thank you Tom), not a small block but one of those big blocks, yay!! I knew I was onto a winner.
Lovely pink and gold packaging
I could see this tasting job would need some assistance and my M was more than happy to oblige. We have a strange relationship with Chocolate in our house. He luuuuuuvvvvvssss chocolate, but thinks too much is bad for him so goes about saying 'we shouldn't have it in the house, don't buy any, I don't know when to stop', etc, etc, etc.
However..... I often find little empty chocolate wrappers in the car and in the garden, mmmmm...... and when we are given chocolate as a gift  - he hides it from me - in high places where I need a step stool to search for it, and sometimes when I do find it, it has often been seriously tampered with - not fair is it?! It causes a lot of hilarity in our house forcing a grown man to 'fess up' to his serious Chocolate crimes.
As I have mentioned on my blog before, I was never a great fan of Chocolate but when I turned a magic number in age, I suddenly started showing some serious interest in eating it - I now luuuuuvvvv Chocolate!
Back to the trial tasting....
Samuel Marsden Girls College entreprenuers
First of all I think it is a wonderful product these young women from Samuel Marsden Girls College have created. Whittakers took up their idea and cause by making and marketing White Raspberry Chocolate with a portion of the sales going to the Breast Cancer Appeal.
I love the packaging and I love the chocolate. The raspberry flavour is subtle and yummy. I would have preferred it to be a little stronger - but that's maybe because I can eat a whole punnet of raspberries on my own.
Whittakers make great Chocolate and they deserve to do well with White Raspberry.
So go forth people - try it out for yourself, it's great and while you are enjoying your treat you are supporting a very important cause.
Project completed



1 comment:

bee said...

wish they'd asked you to trial it last month when I was there! yum!